Tippi Toes World

Welcome to the heart of Tippi Toes Dance Company! Here you will find insights from our incredible franchisees, experiences from inside the Tippi Toes dance classes around the country (aka hilarious and sweet things that come straight from our little dancers), a sense of our Tippi Toes culture as well as suggestions for how parents can provide healthy lifestyles for their families.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Profile: Katie Williams Franchise Owner Kansas City






Hi…My name is Katie Williams and I am co-owner of the Kansas City Franchise with my sister in law, Teri. I am a mom of four (Max, Parker, Mallory and Ty) and feel thankful for my wonderful family and amazing husband, Mitch.
People would laugh at first when they heard I was starting my own business since my kids are still young and keep me busy but I must say that when you are passionate about something it doesn’t feel like work. There is such joy in knowing you are giving the children around town something to look forward to each and every week. Also, knowing they are in the car or at their house singing and dancing along to our songs makes me have a permanent smile!
While I have loved every minute of staying home full time with my kids I am thoroughly enjoying running our business. My sister in law, who also has four kids, and I naturally were able to divide of duties based on our strong suits which is what makes it work so nicely. There is so much excitement in building our business! I like the example I am to my kids and honestly after not working for 10 years bringing home a pay check feels good in more ways than one.
When I told my kids about Tippi Toes KC my oldest son said, “Mom, are you not a stay at home Mom anymore?” I loved the answer I was able to give him, “Sweetie, I am my own boss. I won’t miss a thing!” Not only that, I work from home! When I do venture out to sell or teach my older two are at school and the younger two are at their cousins for a play date or spending the day with grandparents. Needless to say, we are all very happy! Life is good!!
I have such gratitude for this opportunity and can hardly wait to see how many kids we are inspiring, how many schools, community centers, etc we are a part of and all the people I will be meeting along the way in the years to come!

3 comments:

  1. Kids don't get in the way of good business. In fact they're inspiration. At the very least, it should put things into perspective what owning a franchise really is like: which is stepping into the unknown and dealing with new things.

    FranchiseMatch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. If you love the idea of owning a small business and love children you should consider kids franchise opportunities.

    ReplyDelete